Problems with the chain of bones, ligaments and disks that make up your spine can cause significant pain and issues with mobility. If youexperience a spinal injury or degenerative condition, our orthopedic spine experts are here to help.
The hip joint supports your body as you stand still, sit and walk. When the hip is compromised by arthritis, muscle tears, fractures and more, your ability to both move and rest can be impacted. Our orthopedic physicians can provide nonsurgical and surgical treatment options.
The more than 200 bones and 600 muscles in the body all work together to support your body, protect your organs and help you move. When any of those bones or muscles doesn’t work properly, it can wreak havoc on your life. Fortunately, the team of orthopedic experts are here to help keep your body in motion.
Our orthopedic surgeons and specialists are experienced in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of all types of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions — and our experts treat all the bones from your head to your toes.
Signs you may need to consider reaching out for orthopedic help include:
- Difficulty using a particular body part to perform daily functions
- Pain in muscles, tendons or joints that lasts for more than a few days
- Joint pain that gets more intense during periods of rest
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or the location of an injury
- Limited range of motion, such as an inability to straighten the back
- Joint deformity
- Signs of infection including heat, inflammation, fever and/or redness
Sources: KidsHealth, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons